- A 31 years old male was referred from Klinik Dan Pembedahan Mogan for a thyroid ultrasound. He was complaining of painless and sudden onset of right neck swelling for the past one month.
- Thyroid function test was done by his GP and he was then diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (thyrotoxicosis) with the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) of 0.2000mIU/L.
- The ultrasound revealed the echogenicity for both right and left thyroid glands have increased.
Colour doppler examination of Left Thyroid
Colour doppler examination of Right Thyroid
- The color doppler examination on both right and left thyroid glands appear increased vascularity.
- A large cystic lesion with internal echoes and mural growth is detected in the middle-lower pole of right thyroid gland, measures 3.17 x 5.05 x 3.62cm.
- Peripheral vascularity is detected and intralesional vascularity of the mural growth is also detected.
- There is another anechoic cystic lesion with mural growth detected in the upper pole of left thyroid gland, measures 1.76 x 2.82 x 1.26cm.
- Septation and peripheral vascularity is detected from the lesion.
- The findings are consistent with Graves' disease with bilateral complex thyroid cysts.